Running a Family Business?
Running a business can be challenging, and it can be even more complicated when family relationships come into the picture. We work with family businesses to help them succeed in business while maintaining and developing family relationships.
Family Relationships and Business: A Recipe for Trouble?
How do you balance the interests of the business with the needs of individual family members? How do you make sure you treat non-family members fairly? If a member of staff performing poorly is also your relative, how you handle the situation? Is the second generation willing and able to take on leadership responsibility when the time comes?
Neutral, non-judgemental approach
The last thing you need is another subjective opinion. We do not judge any individual. Instead, we bring empathy, understanding, experience, expertise, and a structured approach with a focus on the future. We’ve helped many family businesses work through challenges to the business, the family unit, or both.
With a focus on separating out business and family issues, we help you introduce best practice approaches to build a foundation for the future. We also help you draw a line under any past problems so you can work together effectively.
- People in roles that best suit their strengths – an organisation chart.
- Clearly defined and agreed roles – simple job descriptions for all.
- Feedback to all employees – regular appraisals.
- Clear expectations that apply to every employee – Company Handbook.
For the Family
- Transparent decision making – regular, structured meetings.
- Family members with improving management and leadership skills.
- Succession plan or plan for the business future.
- Individuals who are ready to lead when the current leader steps down.
Whatever your specific needs, our focus will be on alignment, shared commitments and agreed goals, so that you can be confident all family members are pulling together for the best of the business now and in the future.
Discover how Coaching could help your family business prosper
For an informal chat about support for family business, call us on 01625 329 319 or contact us to arrange for us to call you.
From our base in Macclesfield, we provide Business Advice, Mentoring, Coaching and Training to businesses across Cheshire,Derbyshire and the North West including Macclesfield, Wilmslow,Stockport, Buxton and Manchester.